Welcome to the Qubes OS Project
Qubes is an open-source operating system designed to provide strong security for desktop computing. Qubes is based on Xen, the X Window System, and Linux, and can run most Linux applications and utilize most of the Linux drivers. Qubes Release 1 was released in September 2012. Qubes Release 2 is currently in the works, with Beta 2 having been released in February 2013. Qubes supports Windows-based AppVMs beginning with Release 2.
- Getting Started
- Architecture Overview
- Qubes Security Goals
- How is Qubes OS different from...? article
- Sep 28, 2011: Playing with Qubes Networking for Fun and Profit article
- Feb 06, 2012: Qubes 1 Beta 3 has been released!
- Mar 03, 2012: Windows support coming to Qubes! article
- Sep 03, 2012: Qubes 1 has been released! announcement
- Sep 12, 2012: How is Qubes OS different from other approaches to desktop security? article
- Nov 16, 2012: Qubes Security Team has joined the Xen Security Pre-disclousre list more
- Dec 14, 2012: Qubes 2 Beta 1 has been released! announcement
- Feb 28, 2013: Qubes 2 Beta 2 has been released! announcement
- Mar 21, 2013: Introducing Qubes Odyssey Framework article
- Jun 21, 2013: Qubes OS R3 Alpha preview: Odyssey HAL in action! announcement